I remember when I opened up my Erector Set on Christmas morning. I was about 8 years old and I spent the entire day bolting together the stamped metal parts, taking them apart again, and trying to get the wheels not to fall off when I rolled it across the linoleum in our kitchen.
Even if they’ve never heard of an Erector Set, kids can still get that feeling of going from concept to design, to build (and in my case redesign and rebuild) by participating in one of FVTC’s Summer Experiences. If you want to give a kid an experience that will last them a lifetime encourage them to build a robot, experiment with wind power, or design their own stylish jewelry. I’ve included the links to our Summer programs below. Hint: Adults can look too… and if you sign up someone you know, you’ll get to experience the joy of discovery through their eyes.
Registration Link: http://www.fvtc.edu/summercamps
Explore on Facebook:
- Adventures in Print: http://www.facebook.com/events/140367036085857/
- Wind Energy-Basic: http://www.facebook.com/events/179264788852159/
- GirlTech: http://www.facebook.com/events/305953262798156/
- Wind Energy-Advanced: http://www.facebook.com/events/360565310644054/
- Solar Energy: http://www.facebook.com/events/333265723377882/
- Jewelry Design: http://www.facebook.com/events/360648497300853/
- Power of Mfg: http://www.facebook.com/events/393130760701361/
- FoxBots: http://www.facebook.com/events/303577189703584/
- Remote Control Car: http://www.facebook.com/events/401665309860643/